Discovering Talent, Developing Skills, Building Careers
Register early to reserve your enrollment in a brand-new, hands-on, interactive summer camp designed to peak interest in career opportunities in health and medicine! This four day camp will transform a beautiful summer day into an immersive, fun, and innovative learning experience. Students will have the opportunity to learn about sports medicine, physical therapy, first aid, veterinary, and biotechnology careers.
- When: June 13-16, 8am–12pm
- Who: Middle school students currently in grades 7 & 8 interested in Health Sciences
- Cost: Camp is free to students and includes all materials, field trip travel, morning snacks & lunch
- Where: HHS science classrooms & business partners and field trip experiences
- Camp starts and ends each day at Hutchinson High School, however, if transportation is an issue, contact Andrea Moore.
- Parents are invited to travel along on daily field trips!
- Register before May 31, 2022
Daily Schedule Includes:
Exploration and Hands-on Learning Projects
Tour Local Businesses in the Health Industry
Classroom & Question Time
Lunch and Reflection
Every Day is Something Exciting, Different, and New!
- Sports Science, injury prevention and management & physical therapy
- Veterinary Practice, small animals & basic care and nutrition for domestic animals
- 1st Aid Basics *no certification available
- Biotechnology, the microbial world around us and how humans interact with bacteria via microspics and medical case studies